PADI IDC Course Koh Tao
PADI IDC Course Koh Tao with Sairee Cottage Diving will give you a unique experience! The PADI IDC Course Koh Tao is designed by PADI Platinum Course Director Marcel van den Berg who’s mission it is to teach you one of the best PADI Diving Instructor Course and give you the best chance in finding the perfect Scuba Diving Job.
Koh Tao in Thailand is the one of the most successful dive training locations in the World! Join our New Revised PADI IDC Course Koh Tao Program at Sairee Cottage Diving and be part of one of the most successful Dive Centers in Thailand! The new Revised PADI Diving Instructor is the heartbeat of the PADI system. It’s one of the most rewarding experiences of your life and success on the PADI IDC Course on Koh Tao, will open up a world full of opportunities for you as a PADI Dive Instructor. Your future career will take you to the most beautiful places in the world, a job that most people only dream off!
PADI IDC Course on Koh Tao is the final step of the PADI Dive Instructor training process. During the new Revised PADI Diving Instructor Course at Sairee Cottage Diving, you’ll learn how to utilize and adapt the PADI system of diver education to best meet your student divers individual needs. Whether you’re in the classroom, confined water or conducting an open water presentation, you’ll learn the best techniques and real life teaching tips using the latest PADI multimedia and training aids.
Student Reviews of the PADI IDC Course Koh Tao at Sairee Cottage Diving
Read more reviews
During our Revised PADI IDC Course, we aim to offer you exceptional training from PADI Platinum Course Director Marcel van den Berg. Our 14 day program allows us flexibility and time to focus on your diving instructor development as a PADI Dive Instructor. You’ll get the individual attention you’ll need to become a successful PADI pro, not only on Koh Tao, but World Wide!
Marcel van den Berg has created a PADI IDC Course that goes well beyond the minimum standards, with extra lectures, more topics and more real life training to ensure that you will have a fantastic and successful career in the Dive Industry.
Extra's Included in the PADI IDC Course Koh Tao at Sairee Cottage Diving
- Dorm Accommodation included during your PADI IDC Course and the MSDT Prep Course
- Free O2 Provider Instructor course included in the PADI IDC Course Koh Tao
- Sairee Cottage Diving IDC T-Shirt and IDC Mask Strap
- Free PADI backpack
- 20 free fun dives to use before and after your PADI IDC Course with us on Koh Tao
- 200 THB fun dives (cost price) for the rest of your life!
- Fun dives are true fun dives and not "Working Dives"
- Free Lunch for the duration of your PADI IDC course with us
- Free Sairee Cottage Diving IDC Dry Bag
- Free Eco Conservation Program and Lectures
- Extra personal lessons if needed (even after class if needed)
- Unique designed Preparation materials for you to study before arrival
- Discount on purchasing Dive Equipment
- Unique How to teach the best night dive experience workshop!
- Private IDC Dive training Boat to go to any dive location on Koh Tao at relaxed times
- Fish Identification Day (*depending on availability and conditions)
- USB with 19 GB of extra teaching tools for you to use during and after the PADI IDC Course
- 50% Discount on our Local Gym & Fitness
Your PADI Platinum Course Director for the PADI IDC Course Koh Tao
Platinum PADI Course Director / EFR Dive Instructor Trainer #492721
"Let me introduce myself; my name is Marcel van den Berg. I’m originally from the Netherlands and now living in Thailand for almost a decade. In 2003, I decided to take a diving course to experience the hype that everyone was talking about. It only took me 20 minutes on my first Open Water dive to realize that you can have fantastic career in this amazing underwater realm. From that moment on, I actively pursued my career in diving.
I hold a tremendous passion towards diving which I could share to others during my teaching and turning thousands of students into divers. It didn’t take long to decide to advance in my career and continued my education towards Course Director and Specialty Dive Instructor Trainer. Within the first year I achieved Platinum Status from PADI and kept that until this Day. Now I’m able to teach the success I had to new Divemasters and Dive Instructors and I look forward to share my passion and success in Diving with you!
Come and join us for your PADI IDC Course Koh Tao at Sairee Cottage Diving and let me teach you an award winning program that far exceeds the minimum standards of the dive industry”
Marcel van den Berg
Taught over 5000+ students on all PADI levels.
- PADI Platinum Course Director #492721
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Dive Instructor Trainer
- Multilevel Dive Instructor Trainer
- Equipment Specialist Dive Instructor Trainer
- Wreck Specialist Dive Instructor Trainer
- Fish Identification Dive Instructor Trainer
- Digital Underwater Photography Trainer
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle Dive Instructor Trainer
- Search & Recovery Dive Instructor Trainer
- Underwater Navigator Dive Instructor Trainer
- Underwater Naturalist Dive Instructor Trainer
- Night Diving Instructor Trainer
- Boat Diving Instructor Trainer
- Enriched Air Dive Instructor Trainer
- Deep Diving Instructor Trainer
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Dive Instructor Trainer
- Project AWARE Dive Instructor Trainer
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Dive Instructor Trainer
- AWARE Shark Conservation Dive Instructor Trainer
- EFR Dive Instructor Trainer
- EFR Care for Children and AED Dive Instructor Trainer
- Awarded 28 PADI Recognition of Excellence awards
- Co-Author First Quarter 2012 Undersea Journal Project AWARE
- PADI Member of the month April 2011
- Co-Creator of the Project AWARE Presentation for Dive Instructor Development 2013
- Received Many Project AWARE awards
- Awarded the Prestige PADI Instructor Development Award 2019
What will I do in the PADI IDC Course Koh Tao with Sairee Cottage Diving?
Sairee Cottage’s PADI IDC Course is divided into four distinct segments.
- A 6-day PADI Assistant Diving Instructor (AI) course. This also includes 2 days of Dive Theory presentations as well as a skill circuit where we evaluate your skill set and knowledge before proceeding deeper into the revised PADI IDC Course.
- A 5 day PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor (OWSI) course where we evaluate your ability to present in Confined Water, Open Water and in the classroom using the new revised PADI system of Diver Education in the AI section of your PADI IDC Course.
(Both courses must be completed successfully before attending the PADI IE.)
- A 2 day MOCK Diving Instructor exam (MOCK IE) which allows us final evaluation of your capabilities as a soon to be PADI Dive Instructor.
- The 2 day PADI Diving Instructor Exam (IE). This is a standardized, objective evaluation conducted by Dive Instructor Examiners from one of the PADI Head Office’s Worldwide.
Our Revised PADI IDC courses on Koh Tao are conducted over a 14 day extended time period, with a day off on completion of your AI. This 14 day period allows us plenty of time for individual attention and remediation.
Meaning, you get to do more than the bare minimum on your revised IDC’s. We’ll do additional PADI IDC Skills Circuit, Confined Water, Open Water and Knowledge Development Presentations. Workshops on CESA, Navigation, Descents, Search and Recovery (lift bags & Knots) and bring in real life examples of teaching in the real world. We not only aim to guide you to success on your IE, but also to become a confidant, knowledgeable and skillful PADI Dive Instructor on completion of your IE.
This extra attention to detail and commitment to our PADI IDC candidates means you’ll enter the Dive Instructor Exam feeling super confident of success not only on the IE but in your future as a PADI Diving Instructor.
PADI IDC Course Koh Tao - PRE REQUISITES
To join us on our Sairee Cottage Diving Revised PADI IDC Course you should:
- Hold a PADI Divemaster or Assistant Dive Instructor qualification with current membership of PADI, or an equivalent leadership level certification with another training organization
- Have proof of 60 logged dives
- Have a PADI Medical Statement proofing fitness to dive, signed by a doctor within the past 12 months
- Hold proof of first aid/cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training within the last 24 months
- Have been a certified diver (Open Water Diver course or equivalent) for at least six months
- Be at least 18 years old
To join an IE, in addition to the above you must have proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, and have successfully completed the PADI IDC Course.
How to Prepare for your PADI IDC Course Koh Tao with us at Sairee Cottage Diving
By preparing thoroughly in advance, you will benefit most from your Dive Instructor course, and avoid feeling overloaded. Before starting the new PADI IDC Course, we recommend that you:
- Purchase all required materials and start with the New PADI IDC Crewpack as soon as possible
- Familiarize yourself with the PADI Dive Instructor Manual and the Guide to Teaching (part of your New PADI Digital Crewpack
- Revise the five theory topics (Physics, Physiology, Equipment, Dive Skills and the Environment, Recreational Dive Planner), using the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and Diving Knowledge Workbook, or enroll online for Dive Theory eLearning. As this is not part of the PADI IDC Course Curriculum, a good understanding of Dive Theory is necessary. We will be evaluating you in this area throughout your PADI Diving Instructor Course, and remediating where necessary, so please prepare well for your PADI IDC Course.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the PADI Dive Instructor Manual or update yours with the latest Training Bulletins. You would have received a Dive Instructor Manual with your Divemaster Crewpak. As well, if you’ve set yourself up an account, you can download the most current version from the PADI pro site.
- Review the PADI Skill Circuit you practiced during your Divemaster course
- Practice the ‘Unconscious Diver at the Surface’ exercise 7 from your PADI Rescue Diver course.
Required PADI IDC Course Materials
- PADI Dive Instructor Manual (paper or digital version)
- Guide to Teaching with hologram or Digital PADI CODE
- Specialty Dive Instructor Manual CD-ROM or eLearning
- Open Water Diver cue cards (confined water)
- Open Water Diver cue cards (open water)
- Confined water lesson preparation slate
- Open water lesson preparation slate
- Adventures in Diving cue cards
- Rescue Diver cue cards
- Divemaster cue cards (included in your Divemaster Crew Pack)
- Discover Scuba Diving cue cards (included in your Divemaster Crew Pack)
- Dive Instructor for Divemaster cue cards
- Open Water Diver quizzes and exams
- Rescue Diver final exams
- Divemaster final exams
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving (included in your Divemaster Crew Pack)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook or digital version
- eRDPml and/or RDP (table version) with instructions for use booklet
- Manuals from Open Water to Divemaster
PADI launched their new revised IDC Course in November 2019. One of the greatest changes is that most of the PADI IDC Crewpack is now in digital format through eLearning. If you book the PADI IDC course on Koh Tao with us at Sairee Cottage Diving you will instantly get access to this digital IDC crew pack. Now you can start preparing for your PADI Diving Instructor Course before you even arrive or during your travels! Please contact us for more details.
The Sairee Cottage Diving PADI IDC Course Koh Tao will give you amazing personal attention, real life teaching experiences, eco conservation, advanced risk management, extra help finding jobs and so much more extra training to ensure your success in our Diving Instructor Course and in your new diving career.
This is the price for the IDC course with us on Koh Tao: PADI IDC Course: 37900 THB PADI EFR Instructor: 7400 THB IDC Crewpack (books): 18000 THB EFRi Manual: 3500 THB
Duration including the PADI IE and days off: 21 days
PADI IDC Course Koh Tao is part of Gap Year Programs
Are you planing what to do in your Gap Year? Then why not join our PADI IDC Course koh Tao as part of your gap year programs. How cool would it be to spend your Gap Year learning to become a PADI Divemaster and/or PADI Diving Instructor!
Not only will you have an amazing time during your gap year, you will also learn incredible knowledge about our reefs, fish and the underwater world. After completion of you gap year idc course you can even choose to work and get paid for teaching other how to scuba dive! Becoming a scuba dive instructor opens up an opportunity to travel the world and get paid for it.
There are many different gap year programs, but becoming a PADI Divemaster or/and Dive Instructor is defiantly off the best options. If you book your IDC Course Koh Tao with us during your Gap Year, then let us know and you will receive Extra free fun dives as part of our Gap Year promotion! Please contact us for more information about our Gap Year Programs.
Master Scuba Diver Trainer ( PADI MSDT Course)
Teaching PADI Specialty courses is extremely rewarding, enjoyable and allows you to teach your true passion.
After successful completion of your PADI IDC Course and Dive Instructor Exam, we dedicate our time and focus our energies, on teaching our newest diving instructor, how to conduct the PADI specialty programs on our unique PADI MSDT Master Scuba Diver Trainer Specialty Program.
Being a PADI MSDT MASTER SCUBA DIVER TRAINER means your students will be able to learn from an expert in that particularly PADI Specialty Course. You are able to train student divers so they can reach the pinnacle certification in recreational diving.
This course starts with the PADI Specialty Diving Instructor Course where you learn how to plan, conduct and market PADI Specialty courses in at least 5 different areas. We cover knowledge development and course standards specific to the areas you choose. Candidates are also required to present sections of the Academic’s in the classroom, participate in in-water workshops as well as Open water teaching presentations.
You need a minimum of 5 specialties instructor ratings for MSDT, but as a Sairee Cottage Diving promotion we offer to teach you 8 specialties for the same price as 5 specialties. These are the specialties that we will teach you:
- PADI Enriched Air Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- PADI Wreck Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Oxygen Provider Instructor
- PADI Night Diver Specialty Dive Instructor
- PADI Navigation Diver Specialty Diving Instructor
- Project AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty Diving Instructor
- Project AWARE Marine Conservation Specialty Dive Instructor
To be able to send in your application for these specialties you need to have proof of experience of 10 dives in your logbook for that field. If you do not have these dives then you can get that extra experience with us. Please let us know if you have any questions about this.
To achieve the full MSDT rating, you need to get 5 PADI specialty ratings and certify 25 students for any PADI course. You can get these 25 certifications by teaching independently after the MSDT course anywhere in the world. Once you have achieved the 25 certifications you can then apply directly to PADI for the MSDT rating. In the mean time you are already allowed to teach the specialties.
Please check out our most popular Diving Instructor Career Package, that will give you the best chance of getting a fantastic Dive Instructor job after completion:
Instructor Career Package:
- IDC Preparation Course
- Assistant Instructor Course
- New Revised OWSI Course (IDC)
- Instructor materials (IDC Crew pack)
- EFR Instructor Course
- EFR Instructor Manual
- Project AWARE Marine Eco Conservation Program
- Free O2 Provider Specialty Instructor
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) Specialties
- Including Enriched Air Nitrox Instructor
- Free MSDT materials and manuals
- Free Eco Drinking Bottle and Eco Shopping Bag
- Free Rental Scuba Equipment during the IDC and MSDT Specialty Courses
- Sairee Cottage IDC T-Shirt and Mask Strap
- Discount on buying Dive Equipment
Total All-Inclusive Package Price: 82,010 Baht
(Package discount 10% on the MSDT Specialties)!
Duration: 1 month
Free Team-Teaching on a PADI course with real life students after completion of the PADI IDC Course:
We already teach our PADI IDC and MSDT Course in an incredibly realistic way compared to some other IDC programs are usually taught to only pass the IE Exam with minimal real life teachings. At Sairee Cottage Diving we strongly believe that passing the IE is not that hard with the right training, but it is much more important to learn how to successfully teach in real-life after completing your PADI Instructor Exams.
We care a lot about your succeeding in your future job as a Diving Instructor, so we now offer a free assist on a real life course conducted by an extremely experienced senior staff instructor. Giving you even more real life training to increase your job opportunities significantly after you complete your PADI IDC Course Koh Tao with us!
PADI IDC Course Cost:
How much the PADI IDC Course cost depends a bit on what IDC Package you choose. Here is our PADI IDC Course cost:
If you do the IDC Course separately the cost will be:
IDC: 37900 THB
EFR Instructor: 7400 THB
IDC Crewpack (books): 18500 THB
EFRi manual: 3900 THB
Total: 67700 THB
PADI Fees IDC separately:
Instructor Application: $280 AUD
EFR Instructor Application: $193 AUD
Instructor Exam: $975 AUD
Or choose to do a package for the best deal. In your case look at the Diving Instructor Career Package. This includes the IDC, EFR Instructor, and MSDT Specialties.
Cost Package: 83720 THB
You will receive a 10% package discount on the MSDT Specialties in this package to reduce your PADI IDC Course cost (already included in this price) and all PADI IDC/MSDT teaching materials are also included.
PADI Fees are not included in this package:
Instructor Application: $280 AUD
EFR Instructor Application: $193 AUD
Instructor Exam: $975 AUD
Specialty Instructor Application: $111 AUD/Specialty
The PADI IDC Course cost greatly differs depending on your personal IDC Course wishes. Best is to contact us in the contact form below about your Diving Instructor dream and we can create a personal IDC package with the best PADI IDC Course cost for you to get the best deal.
Download extra general information here:
PADI Dive Instructor Videos
Instructor Dive Equipment Packages
During our PADI IDC Course (Diving Instructor Course) and Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) Specialties, we do offer to lend you our shop equipment for free. Except for a Dive Knife and a SMB. (which you can buy here, if needed).
However it will always be more comfortable and convenient to have your own equipment; and if you want to work in the dive industry, staff have to have their own kit as a rule in nearly all dive companies. So start your new dive career straight away with a brand new set of Professional Dive Gear.
We have created 3 fantastic, very reasonably priced, diving equipment packages from Aqualung to suit all budgets!
- The Basic Pro Dive Equipment Package - Great starter package for new Divemasters and Instructors which is quality equipment with a lower price for flexible budget for 45233 THB
- The Premium Pro Dive Equipment Package - higher quality, and a great investment option for your professional career for 64698 THB • Most Popular Choice •
- The Ultimate Dive Equipment Package - Top of the line equipment, professional and comfortable - look like the dive ninja you are meant to be, for 84384 THB
There is a 15% discount included in these dive gear packages if you pre-order this equipment with your Dive Instructor Package. You can always change items here on arrival if you want. Please contact us for more information.